Read each book by itelf at least 3 different times to the class, over one or two weeks.
Now you are ready to start a discussion about the similarities, differences and what are the same with the class.
- Hold up the books, examining and opening a discussion about the 1st story, then the 2nd.
- Flip through the Princess or a Dragon first page. Enter into a class conversation about the book main features page by page. A girl, A dragon, eating, etc.
- Then flip through the My 1st New Year book and repeat the same precedure.
- Finally, Display the books side by side, and encourage discussion about : same, different, similar.
- Print the puppets out and have the children cut them out. I printed mine out in black and white so the children could color.
- Have children place stick in desired place on back, and tape with shipping tape.
- Give children books and puppets and encourage them to go into freeplay with puppets and books and tell their own story.
- pre reading
- pre writing
- fine motor skills