Direct Download at end of post.
- I invented this game to help preschoolers with common core in Kindergarten.
- Common core uses a ten frame and also these dice number blocks, so if they have the dots memorized at a glance, they won’t have to count them all the time as K students. This gives them one step ahead of the game when they enter K.
- Even without common core, it’s an interactive game that helps with counting and recognition of objects without counting.
- I like to use a big foam dice from the dollar tree, as it can’t break anything no matter how hard it’s thrown.
- If the student has the same # he can pass. I usually have them pass if the number is colored at the beginning, but towards the end for time saving, I increase the turns. Say if there’s one number left and most of the group has only one section to color-I up the turns to 3x a piece.
I have lots of Roll and Color games, you can search for the other themes in the blog search bar.