- Volcano's are made of layers.
- Difference between Magma and Lava.
- First building block to learning about what rocks are made of.
How to teach with printables:
- Beginning Learners = Color the Labeled Volcano page
- Early Learners= Code and Color the Volcano page
- Elementary= Label and Color the Volcano+Code and Color the Volcano pages
Code and Color the Volcano
- Use “Into the Volcano” as primary source to introduce volcanoes. Share and read certain sections, we read through the photo descriptions.
- Emphasize StratoVolcano section in the book.
- A Trip to the Top of the Volcano can be used to supplement for a different page activity, or left out as free reading.