Skip to content
- Learn the names of different emotions
- Expand Emotion vocabulary
- Act out emotions to become familiar with what each feels like
- Toddler through ages as interested
- Print out the cards in color OR
- If you only have black ink like I did-
- print and have the kids color with colored pencils or crayons as a separate activity
Cut the cards and place face down in a pile. All the cards don't need to be used at ONCE. I recommend between 5 and 10 to keep interest, to play on different days.
- Play the cards face down
- Draw a card- read emotion, child expresses that emotion in human form, then in “monster form”
I don't recommend any book reading with this game. This is to explore emotions and learn vocabulary, in a fun way. Children should decided what each emotion feels like and is expressed for themselves.
The next part we will be using a book directly, but in this part, children to interpret for themselves .