Making a heart wreath doesn't have to break the bank. With supplies from your local dollar store, you can create a beautiful and unique heart wreath that will add a touch of love and charm to any space.
In this post, I'll show you step-by-step how to make a Dollar Store heart wreath using only supplies from the Dollar Tree store. From selecting the right materials to putting the finishing touches on your creation, we've got you covered. So grab your supplies, and let's get started on making a heart wreath that you'll be proud to display in your home for Valentine's Day or all year round.
Making a heart wreath has never been easier with just a few supplies from your local dollar store. All you need is an ugly dollar tree heart wreath, burlap ribbon in both plain and pink, a hot glue gun, ribbon, twine, and any other embellishments you desire.
With these simple and affordable materials, you can create a beautiful and unique heart wreath that adds a touch of love and charm to any room in your home. No need to spend a lot of money or go to multiple stores to gather all the supplies. The dollar tree has everything you need in one convenient location, making it a cost-effective and time-saving option for the Dollar store heart wreath craft project. So grab your supplies and get ready to create a heart wreath that will make your home feel cozy and warm.
You only need a few craft supplies to make your Dollar Store heart wreath. I bought enough supplies to make small wreaths. I spent 6$ so these hearts cost less then $2 apiece because I had supplies left over.
Dollar Store Heart Wreath Supplies:
- An ugly premade fuzzy wreath from the Dollar Tree
- Beige burlap ribbon
- Pink burlap ribbon
- Thin decorative ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Other decorative embellishments (optional)
How to Make a Dollar Store Heart Wreath: Step by Step
- Gather supplies and plug in your hot glue gun.
- If there is a plastic loop on top of the heart wreath, cut it off.
- Unwrap and cut off the ugly covering that is wrapped around the Dollar Store Heart Wreath frame.
- Grab the roll of burlap ribbon you want to use, do not cut a piece of ribbon off of the roll.
- Take your ribbon and wrap it around the top left side of the heart frame one time, glue in place with the hot glue gun.
- Beginning on the top left hand side, continue to wrap your burlap ribbon around the frame in a clockwise direction. Make sure to layer the ribbon and adjust as you go, so the ribbon lays as flat as possible.
- Check every 3/4 section to see if you need to hot glue a piece down so the burlap continues to lay flat and you can continue to wrap evenly.
- You will need to keep adjusting as you wrap the ribbon around the wreath, until you get to the top right side of the heart.
- Once you get to the top, you will need to cut the ribbon and tuck it inside the folded parts of the burlap wrap. Make sure you cut the ribbon so there is one to two inches extra.
- After you cut the burlap ribbon, tuck it into the folded parts of the burlap that is wrapped at the top. Glue in place.
See all the Dollar Store Heart Wreath variations above to get ideas! These are so fun and the red one is my favorite!