- Play to see what your rainbow will look like!
- Starting from the top arch, the color you use depends on what number you roll! It was exciting to see how our rainbows would turn out!
Skill building: counting, 1:1 subtizing, critical thinking, taking turns, waiting.
Below is an example of the main template. Pack includes:
- 2 copies each of main template, template without key.
- 1 key only page.
DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK IS BELOW THE LEPRECHAUN
- What will your rainbow look like?
Supplies: Printable, Die and coloring tools
I tested this by playing with a preschooler and it was really fun! There’s really no win/lose, but he wanted a win/lose so we decided the person who has the most colors in the rainbow wins.
This game builds the following skills: counting, subtizing, color recognition, memory, following directions
And fits into many themes: Colors, Counting, Rainbow Theme, St Patricks theme, Unicorn theme, Spring Theme!
Below is the link for the Pack, Pack includes:
- Rainbow Outline with Key-3 copies
- Key-1 copy
- Rainbow outline without key-2 copies
Our small rural town is not diverse, so its incorporated into our curriculum.
We are going to be talking about Chinese New Year. I made this game for Chinese New Year 2019 Year of the Pig activity.
No Prep for counting, pre-write & subtizing skill building!
Supplies: Printable(s) /Die
- Pre-Write (coloring)
- Following Directions
- Counting 1-5
- Subtizing (I see & know how many w/o counting)
How to play:
- Choose which pig template to print, and print one per child.
- Child rolls die.
- Child says number outloud, and colors the picture that matches the rolled number.
- If that item is already colored, child passes turn if you want the game to last longer. If you desire a quicker game, when child rolls an item that is already colored, child re-rolls.
- Continue until 1 child has entire pig colored. That child wins.
What is in the Free Printable Pack?
There are two of each page in the pack.
The two pictures shown previously are two of the pages in the pack.
Show below is the pig template page, with the body already colored.
Finally, a separate dice page, shown below.
My preschoolers play this with each other, with only a little guidance from me. Since this has pictures, not words, it can be used as a center or independent play activity.
- Roll and Color a Pig Linkie